Haven Newstead’s team of culinary and wellness retailers are calling on Brisbane to continue to throw its weight behind their small businesses, as well as the wider hospitality and lifestyle industries by continuing to dine in, use their take-home or delivery options and continue to keep exercising in these trying times.
Each retailer behind Haven Newstead has adapted quickly in line with ongoing Coronavirus updates to keep the community healthy and safe, with stringent hygiene and distancing measures – and introducing new take-home or pick up products.
“It’s a bizarre time, but one thing’s for certain – we’re still open and want to keep serving our community with delicious quality, healthy food,” Cheeky Poke owner Sam Demetriou said.
“Now more than ever we need the community to support us and our people – and we’re being ruthless with hygiene and distancing measures, but we’re also adapting our products to make sure you eat well at home too – like our new take home family packs.
“There’s been a drop in sales – so we’d love you to keep up the love for us all – buying as much from small businesses like us as possible so we can all get through this bump in the road – just with a little more space in between for the time being!”
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, here’s how you can support Haven Newstead’s retailers – while also looking after yourself and your community:
- Stefano De Blasi, the owner behind Salt Meats Cheese is ensuring our pantries are well stocked with endless stocks of gourmet Italian pasta and pasta sauces available to buy in-store or online. The Salt Meats Cheese team have also made sure we don’t miss out on gourmet pizza, pasta and salads – with its free delivery service available via Deliveroo, or calling (07) 3252 1763
- Short Order by Jocelyn’s Provisions – already famous for its gourmet ready-cooked meals – is on hot demand from those ordering from their “Car Concierge” service – like picking up whole-cooked, butter rotisserie chicken, or slow-roasted rosemary lamb, or their incredible salads like quinoa with capsicum caramelised onion feta and mint. Visit https://www.shortorderkitchen.com.au/ to see the full menu, and order via email@example.com or (07) 3852 3799
- Cheeky Poke will tomorrow launch take home wellness packs including bulk soups and meals. They’re also giving everyone a little extra love during these times with its special 19 percent off discount for those ordering via UberEats or Deliveroo, or their Cheeky Poke app, using the aptly coined code, “COVID19”. Visit com.au/order-delivery for details.
- e’cco Bistro has launched its first-ever e’cco take home menu and delivery, which includes starters of parmesan and fior di latte arancini $10 (gf)(v); or mains like gorgonzola potato gnocchi with spinach $25 (v); 12-hour braised beef cheek with sauteed mushrooms, truffled mashed potatoes $25 (gf); or a family slow cooked lamb shoulder meal with mint, crushed peas, broccolini, salsa verde $65 (gf)(df). For the full menu and to order, visit https://eccobistro.com.au/menu/ or call 3831 8344
- Betty’s Burger is also keeping our bellies full in store and at home via its online orders – including with its Vegan Meal for $20 – exclusive to Haven only continuing until 29 March. To order visit https://orders.bettysburgers.com.au/order-online/order.html